Frequently Asked Questions
Home Frequently Asked Questions
WHEN WILL DR. DANA START SCHEDULING APPOINTMENTS?
Scheduling for in-home bookings are open now. Appointments can be made online, or if you are more comfortable calling or texting to inquire about openings please feel free to do so. 317-606-6160
Office appointments will be taken at Clayton Family Veterinary Care 317-218-3142 (behind the Menard’s in Westfield).
WHAT TYPE OF PETS DOES DR. DANA SEE?
Dogs and cats but if a family bird needs a wing or toenail trim she can assist with this.
IS THERE A DISCOUNT FOR MULTIPLE PET FAMILIES?
If two or more pets are seen at the same address, a discount of $15 will be offered on EACH pet's examination (discount does not include any other services, products or medications which are dispensed.)
This offer is extended to include all pets belonging to owners in a senior living location or townhome community as well, even though they may not reside in the same home.
WHAT SERVICES DOES HeyDrDana.com OFFER?
Please see our services menu.
WHAT ARE HeyDrDana.com PRICES?
Please see our pricing menu.
WHAT ARE THE PAYMENT OPTIONS?
Credit Card (Visa, Master Card, Discover, American Express), Check (only from established clients).
HOW DO I SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT?
- First, confirm you are located in a current geographic service area: https://heydrdana.com/coverage_check.asp. Previous clients, and personally referred clients may be eligible for VIP status, please contact us for details.
- If eligible, sign in and create an account. ALL FIELDS MUST BE FILLED OUT before an appointment can be scheduled.
- You have the ability to set your appointment within a two-hour window (courtesy call approximately 15 minutes before arrival).
- Early booking is always best, especially for those with less flexibility, as the first appointment booked on a given day may determine the geographic service location for the day.
- Example: If the first appointment of the day is within the northwest region of coverage, the other two available appointments that day will be limited to that area in order to maximize in-home visits.
- If you have an urgent need to be seen (NOT an EMERGENCY) and you see an opening in the schedule outside the specified region for the day, please call or text Dr. Dana at 317-606-6160 and she will do her best to see you in a timely manner; however, please understand she cannot guarantee availability in these circumstances. If she is unable to accommodate your urgent need, she will refer you to a partner clinic.
- Dr. Dana offers office hours at Clayton Family Veterinary Care 317-218-3142, on Tuesday and Wenesday mornings, so you are also welcome to book an appointment with her at this location.
ARE SAME DAY APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE?
If you have need of a same day appointment, Dr. Dana will try to accommodate you. There are a certain number of spaces that are reserved for 'day only' appointments. This will only be possible on a case by case basis. If you pet requires assistance urgently, Dr. Dana will direct you to call one of her associate practices (or you are of course welcome to contact any other veterinarian of your choosing). Dr. Dana will always be happy to coordinate with other veterinarians to enable the best care for your pet.
HOW DO I PREPARE FOR THE IN-HOME VISIT?
This will be outlined in your welcome letter upon scheduling your in-home appointment.
WHAT RECORDS DO I NEED?
If vaccines are needed, prior vaccination dates would be helpful. If your pet has any prior diagnosed medical condition(s), it would be best if your previous veterinarian would email Dr. Dana email@example.com the last 3 years of your pet’s history, including pertinent lab work. If these medical records are not available and testing is required to confirm diagnosis, there will be an additional fee for these services.
WHAT IS THE CANCELLATION POLICY?
Booking fees are non-refundable. If an appointment is cancelled with >24h notice, the booking fee for the rescheduled appointment will be waived.
DO YOU ACCEPT PET INSURANCE?
Yes, we accept all plans.
DO YOU OFFER PACKAGES?
At this time, HeyDrDana.com does not offer packages but this may change in the future.
IF MY PET IS ON DAILY MEDICATIONS, HOW DO I GET THOSE MEDICATIONS?
Dr. Dana will e-script medications to Vetsource for you with the easy option for autoship directly to your home. Simply click on the Vetsource link. There is an open lock icon at the top right of the screen. Simply click here and you will be prompted to create an account.
WHAT IF MY PET IS TOO ILL TO BE SEEN AND/OR TREATED AT HOME?
You will be referred to one of our affiliate practices or be a local 24-hour Emergency Room/Specialty Hospital in our area.
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO REACH DR. DANA?
If it is an urgent matter, I will endeavor to get back with you same day. I am not able to field calls from non-clients.
- Text message to 317-606-6160
- Message via your pet’s portal
- Non urgent concerns: email firstname.lastname@example.org